Indigenous Graduate Students Association
The aims of the IGSA are to:
- run regular seminars for graduate presentations on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research;
- encourage social and cultural interactions of all graduate students with an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research;
- enhance the academic and professional life of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduate students; and
- hold an annual symposium for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student research.
The IGSA hosts a monthly seminar, usually on Tuesday from 1.00pm to 2.00pm in the 1st floor Meeting Room at the Murrup Barak, Melbourne Institute of Indigenous Development.
Presentation dates for 2013:
- April 16 2013 - Presentation by Catherine Chamberlain
- May 14 2013 - Presentation by Graham Gee
- June 11 2013 - Presentation by Dr Ocean Mercier
- August 13 2013 - To be announced
- September 10 2013 - To be announced
- October 15 2013 - To be announced
Annual Research Symposium
IGSA organises an annual symposium to showcase the research by Indigenous researchers and research on Indigenous topics.Two symposiums have now been held.
The inaugural IGSA Syposium was held in November 2011. The Symposium was titled: Putting Aboriginal and Torres Straits Islander Research to Work. For further information about the 2011 Symposium, including the report, evaluation and copies of the major presentations and sound files, follow this link.
In October 2012, the second annual Symposium took place, the theme of the symposium was: 'A Showcase of Emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research at the University of Melbourne'. For further information about the 2012 Symposium, follow this link.
The date for the 2013 Symposium has not yet been set. Further information will be available here in April.
For further information about the IGSA, or to join the IGSA mailing list, please contact
Lauren Arabena, Project Officer IGSA, email@example.com or 03 90358685 (Please note that my working days are Tuesday mornings, and Friday mornings)
Graham Gee, IGSA Chair firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420-819-428